Today, space affects everything in our lives – from activities such as instant approval of point of purchase sales, routine interbank transfers, disaster relief support, and weather monitoring – to providing our warfighters with the latest intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance data. Space systems and technologies are critical to our nation’s economic, scientific, and national security capabilities.
In addition, the human and robotic exploration of space inspires all of us by unlocking the secrets of the cosmos and serves to motivate our young people to take on careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Innovative, affordable, and responsive space systems are needed to meet such ever-increasing demands. Dynetics is your provider of innovative, affordable, and responsive space systems solutions, meeting government and commercial needs.
Our expertise in design, analysis, systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and test provides our customers with full-spectrum support for launch vehicles, missile systems, and spacecraft. We have experience with most rocket propellants, including:
- Liquid and gaseous oxygen, methane and hydrogen
- Propane and ethane
- Nitrous oxide and hydrogen peroxide
- HTPB and various solid and hybrid fuels
- HAN (AF-315E) and Hydrazine
Mechanical and propulsion testing
We have the experience, capabilities, and facilities to provide rapid, cost-effective propulsion, mechanical, and environment testing solutions for our customers.
- Propulsion testing of up to 50,000-lbf thrust-class engines and stages, including liquids, solids, hybrids, and gases; hypergolic storable propellants; and green propellants
- Mechanical testing of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, including cryogenics to hot gases, structural development and qualification, and proof and burst
- Environment testing, including vibration, temperature cycling, and thermal shock and vacuum
Mission design and vehicle sizing
We offer extensive mission design, advanced concepts, and vehicle sizing capabilities to meet customers’ needs.
- Mission concept studies
- Spacecraft and launch concept development
- Vehicle sizing, configuration, and performance modeling and simulation
- Trajectory and orbital modeling and analysis
System integration and assembly
We provide systems engineering, AI&T, operations, and program management support across all system elements.
- Human-rated mechanical components
- Build-to-print assemblies
- Large aerospace structures
Vehicle structure design and manufacturing
From concept development through low-volume manufacturing, Dynetics provides comprehensive design, analysis, and manufacturing solutions.
- Aerospace structural components and assemblies
- Towed aerial targets
- Assembly tools
- Ground support equipment
Small satellite development and manufacturing
Dynetics offers low-cost, rapid-response, and end-to-end small satellite development capabilities.
- Capability to hot-fire test up to 50,000 lbf class propulsion systems
- Cryogenic propellant test rig
- Large cryogenic structures testing
- Water-cooled thrust chambers